Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bill Blass' Meatloaf

That's right - this recipe was given by the late designer, Bill Blass, to be included in the now defunct Harold woman's department store in Minneapolis "Good Taste" cook book for the United Way. As always I have taken the liberty to put my own spin on it. My kids love it. It is great with the Crusty Salt Baked Potatoes.

Ingredients:
3 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs (I use Ritz Crackers)
1 small can V-8 juice
1 bottle chili sauce
1 tablespoon melted butter
salt & pepper to taste
(I also add a little of celery salt)
1/2 cup chopped onions (I use dried ones when I don't have any in the house)
1/2 cup chopped celery (I omit as I am the only one who likes celery)
1/2 package of bacon cut in pieces

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except: chili sauce & bacon.
Form into 1 or 2 loaves. (I make 2)
Place in baking pan.
Pour chili sauce over the top and lay bacon pieces on the top and sides of loaf or loaves.

Bake at: 350 degrees
Time: 60 Minutes (Can be longer)
Serves: 6 - 8

Jon

No comments: